The Intersection of Biology, Engineering and Business
November 20-22, 2019
Georgia Tech Hotel & Conference Center
Poultry Tech Summit is a new conference that focuses on transition of innovative technologies from researchers and entrepreneurs into commercial applications for the benefit of the poultry industry. This event is the only one of its kind being offered to connect researchers and entrepreneurs with poultry sector technology experts, ﬁnanciers, bankers and venture capitalists looking for new projects to fund.
Highlights from the 2018 Poultry Tech Summit:
On November 5-7, the inaugural Poultry Tech Summit far exceeded attendance goals attracting attendees from more than 20 countries including Brazil, China, Egypt, Netherlands, Peru, United Kingdom and many others.
Poultry Tech Summit connected researchers, entrepreneurs and start-up companies with technology experts, financiers and venture capitalists searching for new projects to fund. The conference showcased 16 new innovative technologies that are ready for future application in poultry live production, processing and supply chain. Innovation topics covered big data and artificial intelligence, life sciences, robotics and automation, and food safety.
The conference commenced with a keynote presentation from Reese Schroder, managing director of Tyson Ventures, who discussed the role venture capital plays in shaping how food will be produced in the future. Tyson Ventures, Tyson Food’s venture capital fund, invests in companies that develop breakthrough technologies.
In addition, the conference featured a panel discussion exploring technologies that will reshape the poultry industry. Panelists included executives from Innova Ag Innovation Fund, Tech Square Ventures, Techstars Farm to Fork Accelerator and University of Arkansas. Other dynamic agenda topics included how big data, machine learning and bioinformatics are impacting genetic selection, and nanotechnology and its impact on biotech.
Showcasing the next frontier for industry, technology and venture capital, this unique executive level event presented new research of technologies with potential to be commercialized within a 5-year period. Ranging from Artificial Intelligence, robotics, blockchain, sensors, Virtual Reality, vaccines and more to improve outcomes for poultry companies in all aspects of production from farm through the processing plant.
Registration will open May 2019. Registration for this unique event covered 1-1/2 days of educational presentations, 2 evening cocktail receptions, 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch and multiple networking breaks.
- Poultry company C-level executives
- Corporate leaders in QA/QC, R&D
- Live Production and Processing Technology Personnel
- Veterinarians, Nutritionists
- Suppliers interested in funding or acquiring new tech
- Financiers, bankers and venture capitalists
Poultry Tech Summit 2018 featured the following proposed presentation themes or topics for suggested speakers, panel sessions and/or break-out groups:
- Food safety
- Robotics and automation
- Life sciences
- Big data and artificial intelligence
Poultry Tech Summit 2018 Content
Innovations in the categories of data and artificial intelligence, life sciences, robotics and automation, and food safety were showcased. The list of innovations unveiled at Poultry Tech Summit included:
Life science innovations: Advancing bird health and welfare
- Mazen Animal Health Inc. will discuss the technology used to insert genes for specific antigens into corn plants thus creating orally administered vaccines for poultry diseases.
- TyraTech Inc. will share developments in phytogenic products which can be used to control poultry gut parasites.
- Transport Genie Ltd. has developed a real-time monitoring system for use in poultry transport coops which can be used by processors and researchers to improve bird welfare during the loadout, in transport and it plant holding sheds.
- eggXYT will present its technology for inserting a bio-marker in the DNA of male chicks to create a detectable optical signature in the embryo.
Big data & AI innovations: Improving performance at the farm and the plant
- Simple Ag Solutions Inc. will discuss how blockchain technology can be applied to veterinary records to maintain transparency and traceability while also providing analytics to evaluate efficacy of treatments.
- Little Bird Systems will present a solar powered system for estimating the amount of feed in a bin using a small device to apply the vibration along with sensors and software.
- Smart Data Science Solutions LLC applies machine learning to statistical process control so that the system outputs a set of metrics that assess whether any changes to the process that are detected are more likely due to the inherent variation in the process or whether the underlying signal has changed.
- Olga Kemenova from the Georgia Tech Research Institute will discuss the Poultry System Simulation Model which simulates the water, energy, wastewater and labor utilization of a poultry processing plant.
- Abuerdan company will present its big data analytical solution using predictive analytics and deep learning analysis to manage the live production of poultry and providing traceability throughout the supply chain.
Food safety innovations:
- Clear Labs Inc. will discuss technology for reducing the time needed to detect and serotype Salmonella in samples from 3-5 days to 24 hours.
- Technicon LLC has developed a gear box for processing line applications which has an outer surface that is rust-proof, has antimicrobial properties and has a smooth surface for easy cleaning.
- General Probiotics Inc. will present a new class of probiotic cultures which will reduce the load of pathogens carried by poultry and has the potential to improve both bird health and food safety.
Robotics & automation innovations: Improving performance while reducing labor needs
- Seung-Chul Yoon with USDA ARS will present a machine vision system for detecting woody breast in boneless skinless breast filets without contacting or damaging the filets.
- Colin Usher with the Georgia Tech Research Institute will share details of a poultry house robot that operates on the floor of the house and navigates using imaging sensors and can detect and pick up floor eggs.
- Farm Robotics and Automation SL will discuss its poultry house robot that is suspended from the ceiling of the house and has sensors for monitoring both bird and house conditions.
- Sim Harbart with The Georgia Tech Research Institute will present a virtual reality system that simulates cutting trajectories for automated poultry processing systems.
Keynote: Venture capital – Shaping the future of the food industry
Reese Schroeder, Managing Director, Tyson Ventures
Tyson Ventures, Tyson Foods’ venture capital fund, is investing in companies developing breakthrough technologies. Schroeder discussed the role of venture capital in shaping how food will be produced in the future.
Panel discussion: Technologies that will reshape the poultry industry
Venture capital funding has accelerated the rate of innovation in all industries, including agriculture. Learn what technologies that professionals from venture capital funds specializing in data and computing, the food industry, biotechnology, and food safety think hold the greatest promise.
Brett Brohl, Managing Director, Techstars Farm to Fork Accelerator
Dean Didato, Partner, Innova Ag Innovation Fund
Blake Patton, Managing Partner, Tech Square Ventures
Dr. Cynthia Sides, Director of Industry Engagement, University of Arkansas
Poultry Tech Summit 2019 sponsorship opportunities will be available soon
Sponsorship opportunities at the Poultry Tech Summit take you beyond advertising and go further towards enhancing your company’s brand. Be among the first to sign up for sponsorship to maximize your exposure across multiple opportunities before, during and even after the event.
All Poultry Tech Summit 2019 sponsorship opportunities are on a first-come, first-served basis, so act now. The earlier you become a sponsor, the more value your company will receive from being featured in event promotions. Contact your WATT Agribusiness Sales Manager today for pricing and details.
Information on sponsoring the 2019 Poultry Tech Summit will be available soon. Click here to view the 2018 Sponsorship Prospectus!
Top 3 reasons to be a part of the Poultry Tech Summit:
- Reach entrepreneurs, investors and innovators together at one time only
- Build new relationships and share ideas with poultry executive and those with industry interests
- Gain insights into new technologies on the horizon creating change and greater efficiencies in poultry production