2018 Poultry Tech Summit Presentations
Thank you for attending the inaugural Poultry Tech Summit. We hope you enjoyed the conference. Below you will find the list of final presentations.
For Poultry Tech Summit news and event coverage, click here.
This page sponsored by:
Nanotechnology and its impact on biotech – Dr. Mauricio Terrones
Life science innovations: Advancing bird health and welfare
- Technology used to insert genes for specific antigens into corn plants thus creating orally administered vaccines for poultry diseases – Mazen Animal Health Inc.
- Developments in phytogenic products which can be used to control poultry gut parasites – TyraTech Inc.
- Real-time monitoring system for use in poultry transport coops which can be used by processors and researchers to improve bird welfare during the loadout, in transport and it plant holding sheds – Transport Genie Ltd.
- Technology for inserting a bio-marker in the DNA of male chicks to create a detectable optical signature in the embryo – eggXYT
Big data & AI innovations: Improving performance at the farm and the plant
- How blockchain technology can be applied to veterinary records to maintain transparency and traceability while also providing analytics to evaluate efficacy of treatments – Simple Ag Solutions Inc.
- A solar powered system for estimating the amount of feed in a bin using a small device to apply the vibration along with sensors and software – Little Bird Systems
- Machine learning to statistical process control so that the system outputs a set of metrics that assess whether any changes to the process that are detected are more likely due to the inherent variation in the process or whether the underlying signal has changed – Smart Data Science Solutions LLC
- Poultry System Simulation Model which simulates the water, energy, wastewater and labor utilization of a poultry processing plant – Olga Kemenova from the Georgia Tech Research Institute
- Big data analytical solution using predictive analytics and deep learning analysis to manage the live production of poultry and providing traceability throughout the supply chain – Abuerdan Company
Food safety innovations:
- A gear box for processing line applications which has an outer surface that is rust-proof, has antimicrobial properties and has a smooth surface for easy cleaning – Technicon LLC
- A new class of probiotic cultures which will reduce the load of pathogens carried by poultry and has the potential to improve both bird health and food safety – General Probiotics Inc.
Robotics & automation innovations: Improving performance while reducing labor needs
- A machine vision system for detecting woody breast in boneless skinless breast filets without contacting or damaging the filets – Seung-Chul Yoon with USDA ARS
- A poultry house robot that operates on the floor of the house and navigates using imaging sensors and can detect and pick up floor eggs – Colin Usher with the Georgia Tech Research Institute
- Poultry house robot that is suspended from the ceiling of the house and has sensors for monitoring both bird and house conditions – Farm Robotics and Automation SL
- Virtual reality system that simulates cutting trajectories for automated poultry processing systems – Sim Harbart with The Georgia Tech Research Institute