Feed Strategy Seminar at VIV Asia 2019
Date: March 14, 2019
Location: Co-located with VIV Asia 2019 | Bangkok, Thailand
Antibiotic elimination in Southeast Asia: Feed additive alternatives & replacement strategies
New regulations and increasing consumer pressure have motivated Southeast Asian producers and feed manufacturers to explore new ways to eliminate or reduce antibiotic growth promoters (AGPs). As a result, the interest in phytogenic feed additives (PFAs), or natural plant-based products shown to produce multiple positive physiological effects, has continued to grow. However, the main objection to utilizing this additive category as a tool for AGP elimination is a lack of awareness and uncertainty of its efficacy in commercial applications.
This panel discussion brought suppliers, researchers and end-users together to share their experiences and field audience questions about PFAs and other AGP alternatives.
What attendees learned about:
- The efficacy of PFAs in real-world applications
- How bioactive compounds impact poultry growth, performance
- Practical information about the use of PFAs in poultry feed formulations
- How PFAs can be used to improve digestibility and gut health
- Dr. Jan Dirk van der Klis, director of products and innovation, Delacon Biotechnik GmbH
- Plinio Barbarino, head of global product management – gut performance, BIOMIN
- Dr. Francesca Blasco, vice president – products & innovation, Dr. Eckel Animal Nutrition GmbH & Co. KG