FIAAP Animal Nutrition Conference call for papers: oral presentations
Abstracts due by Nov. 27, 2017
The 2018 FIAAP Animal Nutrition Conference’s content advisory board is seeking abstracts for noncommercial oral presentations, due via e-mail by Nov. 27, 2017.
The FIAAP Animal Nutrition Conference will be held on March 27, 2018, and will be co-located with VICTAM Asia at the BITEC in Bangkok, Thailand, March 27-29, 2018.
What you need to know
All abstracts/topics submitted should be exclusive to the FIAAP Animal Nutrition Conference and be based on new and/or innovative research or information. Potential speakers are invited to submit abstracts on, but not limited, to:
- Antibiotic alternatives & replacement strategies
- Gut health
- Livestock nutrition
- Alternative proteins and ingredients
- Phytogenic feed additives
- Formulation solutions
- Feed safety and regulations
- International market data and trends.
Please do not submit an abstract if you will not be able to attend the FIAAP Animal Nutrition Conference.
An advisory board of feed industry experts will evaluate all submissions for:
- Relevance of topic;
- Presence of new or innovative information, concepts or research : Originality is key so please be sure your abstract gives a good idea of how your topic is unique and/or based on new research findings or work not found elsewhere;
- Proposed speaker’s experience or background with the topic;
- Lack of commercialization or promotion—it is crucial that the paper/presentation does not come across as a sales pitch, seeking to promote your organization or product(s);
- Evidence of previous speaking experience.
Each submission is evaluated on its own merits against these criteria but also in relation to other papers received and to how many sessions are scheduled for a given topic area, e.g. it is highly unlikely two papers on the same or a very similar subject would be selected for presentations. We seek to present a balance of timely topics as well as ensure particular areas of high industry importance and popularity are sufficiently covered.
No abstract will be considered if it seems commercial or if it has been published or presented prior to FIAAP Animal Nutrition Conference 2018. Abstracts similar in title or content to previously presented material should include significant new information.
Limit the abstract to no more than 300 words; however, the length of the abstract is less important than the need for it to sufficiently explain the topic, especially how it is unique or based on new information. The potential speaker’s expertise in or knowledge of the topic should also be clear. Finally, it is helpful to include a concise list of three to five useful “take-home points.”
We recommend organizing the body of the abstract as follows:
- Abstract title and name, title and organization of corresponding author/potential speaker
- The purpose/objective of the presentation
- A concise list of 3-5 useful take-home points
- Information presented in sufficient detail to support the conclusions and take-home points
- A short statement explaining how the topic is unique
- A 50-100 word biography of the potential presenter, including expertise on the topic submitted
- Address, telephone number and e-mail address of the corresponding author
Abstracts must be received no later than Nov. 27, 2017. After this deadline, any papers submitted will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
E-mail to Jackie Roembke, editor of Feed International magazine, at email@example.com, with “FIAAP 2018 oral presentation abstract” specified in the subject line of the email or clearly in the email or abstract itself.
Abstracts must be written in English and should be sent as Microsoft Word documents.
After submissions are reviewed
If your abstract is chosen for an oral presentation, you will receive a PowerPoint template to use to create your presentation, including a set range of number of slides and recommended amount of information or bullet points to include on each slide. Please use and follow this template.
Authors will be required to sign a copyright release to permit publication of the abstract.
About FIAAP Animal Nutrition Conference
FIAAP exhibitions and conferences cover the ingredients and additives used within the formulation of animal feeds and are attended by senior executives from all over the world. The conference is geared toward the interests of nutritionists, veterinarians, feed formulators, etc. The 9th annual FIAAP Animal Nutrition Conference will be held on March 27, 2018, and will be co-located with VICTAM Asia at the BITEC in Bangkok, Thailand, March 27-29, 2018.
About VICTAM 2018
The VICTAM events, held in Cologne and Bangkok, are the worlds’ largest and leading international exhibitions and conferences for the animal feed, pet food and aqua feed industries. It is also home to grain, rice, flour milling & wood pelleting technology.